Thursday, July 31, 2008

Advertising for Agencies

Campaign annual asked me to address a brace of columns to ample in for Ian, so he could go on holiday.

In today's agitative episode, I point out that media agencies were notable by their absence from Cannes this year, even in the media category, which you'd anticipate they would be alluringly ill-fitted to enter.

[Although what constitutes a media idea, and how you abstracted that from a artistic idea, is a accomplished altercation in and of itself.]

My point was though, as I realised if I was accomplishing the Clio anticipation thing, that access is about as important as the abstraction itself.

Since a lot of of the campaigns are from added countries, as a adjudicator you may accept never encountered the work, you accept no abstraction how it resonated locally, whether humans admired it and talked about, or artlessly abandoned it.

The access is all you accept to go on - a abbreviate anatomy video advert for an agency.

And acceptable commercial agencies accept absolutely a lot of acquaintance authoritative abbreviate anatomy video adverts, admitting media agencies don't.

[I admiration if you could set up a meta agency, that just fabricated case studies for added agencies.]

You can download the accomplished affair here.

[It's a pdf but you may charge to rename the book and accord it a .pdf book extension, as Macs assume to abolish them]

In the section I acknowledgment that media bureau of the year was awarded to Forsman & Bodenfors, a artistic agency. [Second and third abode aswell went to artistic agencies.]

But I said they were German, and Beata emailed me to point out that they are from Gothenburg in Sweden.

0 comments:

Latest Comments